- Begin by sitting upright in your chair; eyes closed; hands on your knees or in the hand circle position; head upright; breathing through your nose if possible.
- Take 3 deep and relaxing breaths. Gradually settle into your breathing.
- Bring your attention to your abdomen. Note the Upper Abdominal Breathing Muscles in the Diaphragm area
- Note the lower abdominal muscles in the area 3 finger widths below your navel.
- Imagine…not just as an idea, but as a real bodily feeling….that connecting these two areas is a coiled spring.
- As the spring expands, you inhale; as the spring contracts, you exhale.
- Repeat this focusing on the expansion and contraction of your upper and lower abdominals until the bell rings.
Today, try this lovely practice a few times in your day. It takes only the time it takes to breathe in and breathe out..so you could do it so many times today! (source)
Tweet your response to @livedtime and be sure to include the hashtag #tds2108
Tweet your response to livedtime
This Daily Stillness has been recycled from previously published ones:
• #tds860 Coiling and Uncoiling for stillness (Nov 6, 2017)
• #tds1125 Coiling and Uncoiling for stillness (Jul 29, 2018)
Don't Want to Tweet Your Response? Really?