- Begin by sitting upright in your chair; eyes closed; hands on your knees or in the hand circle position; head upright; breathing through your nose if possible.
- Take 3 deep and relaxing breaths. Gradually settle into your breathing.
- Bring your attention to your abdomen. Note the Upper Abdominal Breathing Muscles in the Diaphragm area
- Note the lower abdominal muscles in the area 3 finger widths below your navel.
- Imagine…not just as an idea, but as a real bodily feeling….that connecting these two areas is a coiled spring.
- As the spring expands, you inhale; as the spring contracts, you exhale.
- Repeat this focusing on the expansion and contraction of your upper and lower abdominals until the bell rings.
Today, try this lovely practice a few times in your day. It takes only the time it takes to breathe in and breathe out..so you could do it so many times today! (source)